Sunday, November 9, 2008

This post was brought to you by the number "8".

This blog is an homage to three things. The number eight (my lucky number), lists and cool shit. Here I combine these three things into a microcosm of pure ecstasy. Let's begin now.

Inaugural List

1. "Eight is Enough"- Obvious I know. But anything involving Dick Van Patton deserves to be mentioned here.

2. Eight Arms to Hold You- The original working title of the Beatles 1965 album/movie "Help!". Veruca Salt ripped this title off the Beatles in the 90's.

3. The year 1984- Mary Lou Retton went on to become the cutest little girl to sell batteries and breakfast cereal as a result of the summer Los Angeles games. Van Halen released a kick ass album. And more importantly the Detroit Tigers won the World Series. I hope to smell the celebratory fires once again.

4. The Crazy 88's- If you're ever in a bind and need a cool Halloween costume fast, take my advice and go as one of the foot soldiers from "Kill Bill: Vol. One". Sexy black masks are always a good thing.

5. The Octopus- It's slimy, purple and looks mighty strange lying dead on the ice of the Joe Louis Arena.

6. "Eighteen" by Alice Cooper- "Lines form on my face and hands..." Alice Cooper's lament about premature aging makes for a great classic rock song. He also gets bonus points for being from Detroit.

7. Vishnu- A toddler born with eight limbs and believed to be the reincarnation of the Hindu goddess underwent surgery to remove her extra useless appendages this year. Here's what her skeleton looks like: http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_01/8LimbXrayBARC_700x797.jpg

8. 2008- The first presidential election in which the candidate I voted for actually won. I like it when my guy wins.

No comments: