Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Eight things I know about Wisconsin.

I logged in tonight and was pleasantly surprised by the increase in minions I've had over the past forty eight hours. A grand total of five! I then checked your profiles and saw a common factor among all of you....you all live in Wisconsin. A state that I know little about and have never visited. In an attempt to charm you and win you over even further (if it's possible) I dedicate this list to our 30th state and to the trivial krap I know about it.

8. Cheese -You make a lot of it. You can melt it on stuff and it tastes better as a result. It's a beautiful thing. With all of the cheese that is produced and consumed in Wisconsin I hope you have good plumbing. Yeah, I went there.

7. Brett Favre -You worship him as some sort of God. Or at least you did until he went to the Jets. For a guy that was born in Mississippi, you give him way too much credit in my opinion. At least Green Bay is having a good season so far.

6. Beer -Thanks!

5. The accent -The one Wisconsinite I talk to on a regular basis has a distinct way of pronouncing certain words. For instance I say: "WISS-CON-SIN". He says: "WIZZ-GON-ZIN". There's a difference.

4. "Laverne and Shirley" -Great sitcom and I remember thinking Lenny of "Lenny and Squiggy" was kind of cute.

3. Wisconsin Dells -The only thing I know or have heard about this place is that old people like to vacation there.

2. Houdini -He was brought up in Appleton, WI but died as a result of an injury sustained in Detroit (my turf). Thanks for bridging the gap Houdini...you make me feel closer to the people that read this shitty blog.

1. This place -The Don Q Inn in picturesque Dodgeville, WI. I implore you to visit this website. You won't be sorry. Then tell me what room you would pick for your romantic getaway.

3 comments:

Big Dave said...

SWINGER! I have always wanted to get lucky in a cheese vat.

Reba said...

Brilliant! In my age I've come to accept the fact that yes we do have an accent... YAHEY You Betchya! I must say I am surprised that Sybil The lady w/ 16 personalities and of course Jeffery Dahmer didn't make your list... Thank you for that! I thoroughly enjoyed your list.

Sassy Thoughts from a Small Town Tart said...

Oh Miss Adrienne, you have nailed it perfectly. I love you more each day. I can't pick a room b/c they are all too delicious for me to pick just one. You rock Kitten!