Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Eight Great things about the Eighties...

It's late and to be honest I'm not in top form due to a yearly sinus infection. But duty calls and I must impress "Dad". I know you understand loyal readers...therefore forgive me if I don't give you the "LOL's."

Feeling nostalgic once again, (pathetic yes?) I've decided to dedicate this post to our favorite decade of decades the nineteen hundred and eighties.....

8. Synthesisers- Every great pop song from your childhood involves one. Case in point:

7. Thriller- Michael Jackson was the coolest man's man in the world.

6. Nintendo- Everybody in the neighborhood had one except me. Therefore I used my fourth grade growth spurt to my advantage and beat the living krap out of any kid who denied me time in their living room blissfully stomping mushrooms and saving princesses.

5. 80's Kitsch- Reaganomics, the Challenger tragedy, the cold war and AIDS, it's all fun to reminisce at this "simpler" and "more innocent" time in history isn't it?

4. Miley Cyrus hadn't been born yet.

3. U2 was still relevant and not hanging out with underage girls on yachts in the Caribbean.

2. If you're a girl Jem dolls and My Little Ponies. If you're a boy, G.I. Joe and WWF Superstars.

1. You were younger and didn't have to deal with adult responsibilites....

1 comment:

Big Dave said...

Awesome! I love the 80s and wish that they had never left. Except the really narrow ties. I don't like those. And what's with Bono? Seriously, can he just stop talking and go away already? Nobody should be allowed to only have one name unless they are Brazillian athelete.