Monday, February 2, 2009

Really bad haircuts from my past...(aka the most self-indulgent post ever.)

Everyone I know has pictures from their younger years with wonderfully bad hairstyles. Lucky for you I've decided to share some real doozies from my past...these pictures reveal not only that I was quite the risk taker when it came to my hair but also what a painfully awkward child I was. Enjoy and feel free to share your own hair horror stories!

8. Sixth grade. I believe I was taking a cue from Six on "Blossom" here.
7. Seventh grade. This unfortunate hair decision led to me getting the nickname "Poodle" from a boy in my Lit class. I remember chasing him into the bathroom and kicking him in the balls for making fun of me. Good times!
6. Bridget Fonda in "Single White Female".
5. My attempt to copy the Jennifer Aniston "Rachel" hairdo of the mid-nineties and failing miserably.
4. I call this one "Lesbian Goth".
3. During my "Prince Valiant" phase.
2. The grandaddy of them all. Check out the chin on that kid. Like my winter coat?
1. This is what my hair looks like now and has looked for years...this gives you something to compare all the really shitty haircuts too I guess. God, I feel like such an attention whore today! Validate me!

5 comments:

Big Dave said...

Okay, here is the deal. First of all, you only managed to but five, count the finve, not eight pictures here, and if you are chooping or otherwise mutilating your hair in order to get three more you had better stop RIGHT THIS INSTANT. Second, what ever led you to attempt the lesbian vampire. Third, in seventh grade it looks like your hairstyle inspiration was Robert Smith of The Cure. Either way you were a cute kid from day one.

Adrianne said...

There are in fact eight pictures oh wise one. You caught me in the process of posting. Patience is a virture Dave!

Big Dave said...

I don't want patience. I want what I want and I wanted it yesterday. :p

Mike said...

You look nothing like the picture in my head. Dave told me you were cute, he was right.

Adrianne said...

I went fishing for complements and I got one! Thanks Mike.