Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Best of 2008 (AKA the Bestie Awards)

Well here we are again, another year down the krapper....with the onslaught of "Best of" lists popping up everywhere I thought I would share with you my bests/favorites of 2008. Disclaimer: even though the items on this list may have existed previous to 2008, I became aware of them this year and therefore count on said list. Dem's the rules.

8. Best Snack: Kars Sweet N' Salty Mix. It's like crack to me....

7. Best Group Activity: Youtubing. This is a major guilty pleasure of mine. Only god knows how many hours were wasted scouring the Internet for old forgotten techno songs from the 90's or grown men crying, but I must say it was worth it. Here's hoping for more productive activities in 2009.

6.Best Movie Trailer: The Wrestler. Can't wait to see it.

5. Best Dramatic TV Show: True Blood. Even though I'm not up there with all of the fat teenage goths that live for this kind of shit, I have to admit it's a good show.

4. Best Comedic TV Show: Summer Heights High The extremely talented Chris Lilley has done a very successful job of ripping off "Strangers with Candy" and adding a bit of "Waiting for Guffman" in for shits and giggles. Very funny show. Watch the first three episodes and you'll be hooked.

3. .Best Bottom Shelf Liquor: Castillo Silver. (I may have a problem.)

2. Best Band: MGMT. I usually hate the shit that the kids call music these days but I wholeheartedly approve of these drugged out, hippie synth-freaks. "Time to Pretend" is a great song.

1. Best Death: The Bush Administration See ya Georgie!

1 comment:

Nick Link said...

oh yeah Summer Heights High is great. "Thank God your here, Grandmas been raped" is the best line ever. Also MGMT is okay.